1. Individuals who have complaints regarding the accuracy or integrity of the Partnership’s accounting, auditing, financial reporting or internal controls or concerns regarding questionable accounting or auditing matters are urged to report their complaints and concerns to the Chair of the Audit Committee; John Koop at 403-253-6596 phone number; 403-252-4492 fax number or firstname.lastname@example.org address.
2. Concerns should be delivered in writing and should include sufficient information to allow the Audit Committee Chair to commence an investigation. Individuals who wish to remain anonymous should clearly indicate this wish in their written statement. The Audit Committee will take all reasonable steps to protect the anonymity of complainants. All concerns should be forwarded to the Chair of the Audit Committee and marked: “Attention: Audit Chair / Re: Confidential”. If an individual wishes to discuss the matter, indicate this wish in the written statement and provide a telephone number.
3. Promptly following the receipt of any communications regarding concerns, the Audit Committee will investigate the concern and take appropriate corrective action. The Audit Committee has the authority to conduct any investigation which it considers appropriate and has direct access to the external auditor of the Partnership, as well as executive officers, management and employees of the General Partner of the Partnership, its subsidiaries and affiliates. The Audit Committee has the authority to retain special legal, accounting or such other advisors, consultants or experts it deems necessary to discharge its investigative duties.
4. The Audit Committee will retain as part of its records copies of complaints and concerns for a period of no less than seven years. The Audit Committee will also make quarterly reports on any ongoing investigation which will include steps taken to satisfactorily address concerns.
5. No retaliation of any kind is permitted against management or employees for raising concerns in good faith or for refusing to carry out a directive which constitutes corporate fraud, is a violation of federal or provincial law or contrary to the governance policies of the Partnership.
Questions about this Policy
6. Questions regarding this policy should be director to the Chair of the Audit Committee at 403-653-6596 phone number, 403-252-4492 fax number or email@example.com. email address.
Adopted and approved by the Board: April 2006 Reviewed and amended/confirmed by the Board: April 19, 2010